This notice is the owner’s authorization to proceed with demolition of existing structures on the identified parcel subject to the following conditions:
- The owner and owners designated agent(s) shall comply with all Granger-Hunter Improvement District (District) specifications and requirements.
- All construction in the culinary water line and sanitary sewer line pipe zone shall comply with all District specifications and requirements.
- If culinary water services and sanitary sewer laterals are to be reused they shall abandoned at the property line in accordance with District standards. If the water and sewer laterals are not to be reused, they shall be abandoned at the main lines in accordance with District standards at the owner’s expense.
- If culinary water service and/or sanitary sewer lateral are to be reused for development, a detailed drawing showing the intended use must be provided. If it is determined by District inspectors that any portion of the existing culinary water service and/or sanitary sewer lateral does not meet current standards and specifications, the owner and owners designated agent(s) will be required to make improvements to the lines, bringing them into compliance, before final approval is given.
- Contractors shall be assessed a $75.00 inspection fee for each culinary water line abandonment and a $100.00 fee for each sanitary sewer line abandonment. All fees shall be paid and all inspections shall be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance of the desired inspection appointment.
- Property owner agrees to adhere to all demolition and abandonment requirements as stated.
NOTE: It is the contractor’s sole responsibility to comply with all State of Utah, Salt Lake County, West Valley City, and GHID requirements and specifications.
Please download our Demolition Authorization Form as it requires several signatures to be collected before work can begin.Demolition Authorization Template.pdf