Check here often for the most up-to-date information regarding water breaks, service outages, and other water or wastewater issues.
Discolored water near Pioneer Hospital - 05.25.2022
We are investigating reason for discolored water. In the meantime, open your cold-water faucet in the bathtub all the way open, full force, with the drain open, for about 15 minutes. Most dirty water situations will clear up in this time. If not, turn the water off, wait 10-15 minutes, and repeat the flushing again. If your water continues to remain discolored after 24 hours, please call us at 801-968-3551.
For more information on what natural ocurring minerals cause discolored water, please refer to our Water Quality page.
SpringFest - Friday, April 22 at 5:30 pm at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center
Join us for an evening of fun, food, entertainment, youth activities, and art exhibits. Information Booths provided by West Valley City Departments and Community Partners.View the SpringFest poster
Rushton Water Treatment Plant Project (1490 W. 3100 S) - January 2022 Update
Beginning January 2022, Granger-Hunter Improvement District (GHID) will be constructing the new Rushton Water Treatment Plant west of your home. Initial work will include clearing and grubbing (removing tall grasses, shrubs, and debris) to prepare the area for construction. This project will improve the quality of the drinking water and upgrade the site next to your home.
- Project Timeline - Approximately 18 months - (January 2022 - Spring 2023)
- Work Hours - 7 am-5 pm, Monday through Friday
- Project location - GHID facility west of the Jordan Meadows Townhomes
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Will this effect parking at Jordan Meadows Townhomes? No, the contractor will only park on the GHID site.
- Will the contractor work at night? No, the contractor is only allowed to work during the day.
- Will this project address the odor? No, this project is working to improve the quality of the drinking water. The agency that deals with the area wastewater, Central Valley Water, has an upcoming project that will address the infrastructure that allows wastewater odors to escape.
- Will anything at Jordan Meadows Townhomes be effected? Yes, GHID is replacing the chain link fence between the GHID and Jordan Meadow properties with a decorative concrete fence. The GHID property will remain fenced throughout construction.
- Is GHID doing anything to improve the appearance? Yes, GHID will further shield Jordan Meadows from the GHID site with landscaped vegetation and a new concrete fence.
- What are some of the impacts residents may notice? Onsite machinery, increased truck traffic/backup alarms, dust during warm weather months and some mud during wet weather months, and increased noise during work hours.
We are committed to our customers and the communities we serve. Please call or text 385-327-5405 with questions, comments, or concerns.